|Published:||May 11, 2010 3:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 3:35 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, FL- Jan Cornell says she thought she was walking into a robbery in progress when she entered her Cape Coral condo 20 years ago today.
It was far worse than she could ever imagine.
As she wandered through her ransaked home she entered her 11 year old daughter Robin's bedroom.
She found the child's lifeless body on the floor.
She had been sexually assaulted and suffocated.
She later found her roommate, 32 year old Lisa Story dead as well. Story had also been sexually assaulted.
Cornell has lived with the nightmare for the last 20 years. Cape Coral police have experienced the tragedy from another perspective, an unsolved case.
Monday, on the 20th anniversary of the murders, Jan and investigators reintroduced the case to the public hoping for new clues that may lead to the murderer.
Detectives say they have a great deal of evidence from the case, including DNA, but so far there has been no link to a suspect.
If you think you have ANY information about the murders of 11 year old Robin Cornell and 32 year old Lisa Story call the Cape Coral Police Department.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family
- Senate committee approves immigration bill