|Published:||May 11, 2010 1:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 1:51 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - An alligator wrestler who was bitten during a Pasco County show says it was his fault the alligator chomped down on his arm. Jeffrey Quattrocchi - also known as "Swamp Master" - says he made a mistake when he missed the timing of his jump on the gator.
His right arm ended up in the gator's mouth on Sunday in front of a crowd at the Cotee River Seafood Festival in New Port Richey. The gator chomped down at least twice, but eventually let go of his arm.
Over two dozen staples and stitches were used to seal his wounds. Quattrocchi, who appeared on the CBS' "The Early Show" Tuesday, said he has performed in about 10,000 shows and plans to return to work in several weeks. The gator involved in Sunday's attack has only been in five shows.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays