|Published:||May 11, 2010 1:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 1:51 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - An alligator wrestler who was bitten during a Pasco County show says it was his fault the alligator chomped down on his arm. Jeffrey Quattrocchi - also known as "Swamp Master" - says he made a mistake when he missed the timing of his jump on the gator.
His right arm ended up in the gator's mouth on Sunday in front of a crowd at the Cotee River Seafood Festival in New Port Richey. The gator chomped down at least twice, but eventually let go of his arm.
Over two dozen staples and stitches were used to seal his wounds. Quattrocchi, who appeared on the CBS' "The Early Show" Tuesday, said he has performed in about 10,000 shows and plans to return to work in several weeks. The gator involved in Sunday's attack has only been in five shows.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend