|Published:||May 11, 2010 11:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 11:31 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - An alligator wrestler who was bitten during a Pasco County show says it was his fault the alligator chomped down on his arm.
Jeffrey Quattrocchi - also known as "Swamp Master" - says he made a mistake when he missed the timing of his jump on the gator. His right arm ended up in the gator's mouth on Sunday in front of a crowd at the Cotee River Seafood Festival in New Port Richey.
The gator chomped down at least twice, but eventually let go of his arm. Over two dozen staples and stitches were used to seal his wounds. Quattrocchi, who appeared on the CBS' "The Early Show" Tuesday, said he has performed in about 10,000 shows and plans to return to work in several weeks.
The gator involved in Sunday's attack has only been in five shows.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys