|Published:||May 10, 2010 12:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2010 12:37 AM EDT|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - An Immokalee family is vowing to do what it takes to protect other children... one day after their two year old son drowned in a pond behind their home.
It happened Saturday Night along Justice Circle, just off Lake Trafford Road.
2-year-old Brandon Luna went to play outside around 5:00 Saturday evening. Two-hours later...rescuers found his body submurged in the lake.
Now...all his family has are memories of their little boy.
"He was a happy one... he loved music... Spanish music, all kinds of music. He (Brandon) was a happy person," says Brandon's father Robert.
The drowning was ruled an accident.
Robert hopes other families in the neighborhood will come together and fight for a fence around that lake...before another deadly accident happens.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract