|Published:||May 10, 2010 12:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2010 12:37 AM EDT|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - An Immokalee family is vowing to do what it takes to protect other children... one day after their two year old son drowned in a pond behind their home.
It happened Saturday Night along Justice Circle, just off Lake Trafford Road.
2-year-old Brandon Luna went to play outside around 5:00 Saturday evening. Two-hours later...rescuers found his body submurged in the lake.
Now...all his family has are memories of their little boy.
"He was a happy one... he loved music... Spanish music, all kinds of music. He (Brandon) was a happy person," says Brandon's father Robert.
The drowning was ruled an accident.
Robert hopes other families in the neighborhood will come together and fight for a fence around that lake...before another deadly accident happens.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season