|Published:||May 10, 2010 9:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2010 9:32 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - Approximately six homes in Estero were evacuated following reports of a gas leak, which was reported around 11:30 a.m. Monday, May 10, 2010.
Authorities are at the scene of a ruptured 3/4-inch gas line in the West Bay Community. It has been reported that landscape workers were digging in the area of Nature's Cove Court when they accidentally struck the gas line. One home's gas supply was affected by the mishap.
TECO is on-scene and a crew is in the process of performing repairs; the gas supply to the area was cut around 12:10 p.m.
Residents of the area surrounding the site of the gas leak were evacuated and moved down the street due to the risk of explosion/fire; authorities were in the process of creating a temporary shelter for the residents when the gas line was capped. Residents have been allowed to return to their homes.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest