|Published:||May 10, 2010 9:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2010 9:32 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla. - Approximately six homes in Estero were evacuated following reports of a gas leak, which was reported around 11:30 a.m. Monday, May 10, 2010.
Authorities are at the scene of a ruptured 3/4-inch gas line in the West Bay Community. It has been reported that landscape workers were digging in the area of Nature's Cove Court when they accidentally struck the gas line. One home's gas supply was affected by the mishap.
TECO is on-scene and a crew is in the process of performing repairs; the gas supply to the area was cut around 12:10 p.m.
Residents of the area surrounding the site of the gas leak were evacuated and moved down the street due to the risk of explosion/fire; authorities were in the process of creating a temporary shelter for the residents when the gas line was capped. Residents have been allowed to return to their homes.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash