|Published:||May 10, 2010 12:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2010 12:12 PM EDT|
Does the color of the eggs you buy matter?
It does if you're using our common cents grocery store tips.
Parenting.com put together some interesting hidden savings at the grocery store.
First, buy white eggs instead of brown.
Unlike bread and rice, white or brown eggs are equally nutritious.
Also, buy frozen concentrate instead of carton juice and opt for frozen fruit.
You don't have to worry about it going bad before you eat it.
If you can, swap cereal for oatmeal a couple of times a week.
Make sure you buy a container of oatmeal, not the individually packaged kind.
Finally, compare unit costs, not prices.
You want to know how much the product costs per ounce or pound.
Those small changes could save you an estimated fifteen bucks each time you shop!
In a year, you've shaved more than $350 on your grocery bill if you shop twice a month.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Lee County Head of Economic Development announces retirement
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic