|Published:||May 10, 2010 3:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2010 3:42 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Bail has been set for a Tampa mother charged with severely abusing her 2-year-old daughter.
Bail was set Monday for 22-year-old Carolina Pena at $30,000 on charges of aggravated child abuse and child neglect. Jail records show she was being held at the Hillsborough County Jail. It was not immediately known if she has an attorney.
Police said the girl had a severed pancreas, broken ribs and burn and bite marks. There was also a burn mark found on her in the shape of a fork. She was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Also arrested was 26-year-old Isidro Rosario on a child neglect charge and failure to report child abuse. Police say he lived with Pena. His bond was set at $5,000.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft