TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Bail has been set for a Tampa mother charged with severely abusing her 2-year-old daughter.
Bail was set Monday for 22-year-old Carolina Pena at $30,000 on charges of aggravated child abuse and child neglect. Jail records show she was being held at the Hillsborough County Jail. It was not immediately known if she has an attorney.
Police said the girl had a severed pancreas, broken ribs and burn and bite marks. There was also a burn mark found on her in the shape of a fork. She was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Also arrested was 26-year-old Isidro Rosario on a child neglect charge and failure to report child abuse. Police say he lived with Pena. His bond was set at $5,000.
- Lee County deputy & girlfriend arrested on marijuana charges
- FedEx truck hits power lines, catches on fire
- Locked mystery safe found in Charlotte Harbor area
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- CCSO arrests 3, seizes 122 marijuana plants in bust
- Federal charges filed against wanted Lee County fugitive
- Turks & Caicos officials drop charges against 2 US tourists
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- State regulators suspend Lee County doctor's license