|Published:||May 10, 2010 6:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2010 6:20 PM EDT|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. - An alligator wrestler bitten during a show is recovering in a hospital. Jeffrey Quattrocchi is expected to undergo surgery at Bayfront Medical Center, but his injuries were not considered life-threatening.
Authorities say the 45-year-old was performing a show at the Cotee River Seafood Festival when the alligator bit him on his arm. Officers with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission captured the alligator.
It's unclear what will happen to the gator.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Man gets life after selling heroin near Lee Middle School
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Former Arcadia city marshal resigns amid theft allegations
- Camouflaged alligators spotted at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident