|Published:||May 09, 2010 12:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2010 12:46 AM EDT|
The Harry Chapin Food Bank got some huge support today from the Cape Coral farmers market!
We were there as part of the "WINK News Feeds Families" initiative. An oversized check was handed over to the Harry Chapin Food Bank worth $500. Vendors from the farmer's market pitched in a portion of their proceeds.
"I mean, Harry Chapin Food Bank has done so many marvelous things in our community...especially in today's day and age the way poverty is. You really need to help people out and we appreciate them," says Colleen Rose with C&J Produce.
The $500 will be turned in to $3,000 worth of food...a huge help for the needy in these tough economic times.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI