|Published:||May 09, 2010 12:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2010 12:46 AM EDT|
The Harry Chapin Food Bank got some huge support today from the Cape Coral farmers market!
We were there as part of the "WINK News Feeds Families" initiative. An oversized check was handed over to the Harry Chapin Food Bank worth $500. Vendors from the farmer's market pitched in a portion of their proceeds.
"I mean, Harry Chapin Food Bank has done so many marvelous things in our community...especially in today's day and age the way poverty is. You really need to help people out and we appreciate them," says Colleen Rose with C&J Produce.
The $500 will be turned in to $3,000 worth of food...a huge help for the needy in these tough economic times.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound