CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A motorcyclist speeding on Cook Brown Road Saturday night died after being ejected into a water filled ditch.
The driver, 34 year old Eric L. Thompson missed a curve, left the roadway and went onto the grass shoulder of Cook Brown Road.
Thompson was ejected and partially submerged in water.
A passing vehicle with Thompson's family members witnessed the crash, and placed him in their vehicle.
They took Thompson to an area Fire Station where he was pronounced deceased.
Consultation with the State Attorney's Office with regards to their actions will be addressed at a later date.
Drug and alcohol tests are also pending.
In addition, the motorcycle involved in this crash had been reported stolen.
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Standing room only at 2013 Hurricane Expo
- Start your engines!
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th