|Published:||May 09, 2010 3:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2010 3:19 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A motorcyclist speeding on Cook Brown Road Saturday night died after being ejected into a water filled ditch.
The driver, 34 year old Eric L. Thompson missed a curve, left the roadway and went onto the grass shoulder of Cook Brown Road.
Thompson was ejected and partially submerged in water.
A passing vehicle with Thompson's family members witnessed the crash, and placed him in their vehicle.
They took Thompson to an area Fire Station where he was pronounced deceased.
Consultation with the State Attorney's Office with regards to their actions will be addressed at a later date.
Drug and alcohol tests are also pending.
In addition, the motorcycle involved in this crash had been reported stolen.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney asks Fla. AG to investigate Winston case
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776