|Published:||May 07, 2010 6:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2010 6:50 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - On Friday morning, a groundbreaking was schedueld to take place at the site of the Meadow Park Elementary School in Port Charlotte.
The city received $20,000,000 to fund the project, which includes the razing of the old building and the construction of the new school.
Lemon Bay High School -- another Charlotte County School -- received $40,000,000. Groundbreaking took place on Thursday, May 6, 2010.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic