|Published:||May 07, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. - A Boynton Beach man has been charged with prank calling California police and telling them he was raping a 15-year-old boy at a nearby hotel.
Redding Police searched local hotels Thursday but couldn't find the caller. They traced the phone call to the address of Paul Lee Hartness in Florida.
When Boynton Beach Police went to Hartness's home he admitted he made the call because he was bored.
According to police, he called Maryland authorities in 2005and told them he was in a white van about to sodomize a 16-year-old boy. He also called Nashville authorities and requested information about having sex with 16-year-olds.
Hartness is being held at the Palm Beach County jail of charges of filing a false report. It's unclear if he has legal representation.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Three bears spotted in North Naples community
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage