|Published:||May 07, 2010 11:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2010 11:15 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The jury has deliberated and reached a verdict in the Adam Cortes murder case. Defendant Cesar Contreras has been found guilty on all three counts: premeditated murder, second degree arson and kidnapping.
Contreras was convicted in the October, 2007 murder of former high school track star Adam Cortes, who was beaten and shot in the head.
The victim's body was wrapped in a rug and placed in the trunk of a car. It's believed that Cortes burned the body by setting the car on fire in Lehigh Acres.
A second suspect, Dallas Brooks, was also charged in case. Stay tuned to WINK News for the latest details in the case.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration