|Published:||May 07, 2010 11:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2010 11:15 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The jury has deliberated and reached a verdict in the Adam Cortes murder case. Defendant Cesar Contreras has been found guilty on all three counts: premeditated murder, second degree arson and kidnapping.
Contreras was convicted in the October, 2007 murder of former high school track star Adam Cortes, who was beaten and shot in the head.
The victim's body was wrapped in a rug and placed in the trunk of a car. It's believed that Cortes burned the body by setting the car on fire in Lehigh Acres.
A second suspect, Dallas Brooks, was also charged in case. Stay tuned to WINK News for the latest details in the case.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent