|Published:||May 07, 2010 12:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2010 12:40 PM EDT|
If you need to do some grocery shopping this weekend, we have some common cents tips to keep you under budget!
Go grocery shopping while you're in a hurry, always with a list and make sure you aren't hungry...you may have heard of that one before!
Because when you're hungry, you're more likely to buy pre-packaged meals at the store that would be cheaper if you cooked yourself.
If you leave yourself no time for temptation, you are less likely to the buy the things you don't need.
So go to the store when you only have an alloted amount of time, before another committment.
Plus, multiple experts say always have a list...it will help you avoid buying items you don't need and forgetting the items you really do need which usually means you'll have to go back to the store and be tempted again.
Does the color of the eggs you buy matter?
In Monday's common cents, the hidden grocery store savings that will have you saying, who knew?
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week