|Published:||May 06, 2010 11:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2010 11:07 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES - The search continues for a man who tried to abduct a child in Golden Gate Estates Tuesday.
The 10-year-old boy says he was riding his bike on Tuesday near the 3700 block of 43rd Avenue NE when a man in a red Dodge pickup came up behind him.
"He got out of his vehicle approached him from behind, grabbed him by the neck and pulled him off his bicycle," says Detective Zack Ewert with the Collier County Sheriff's Office.
The boy fought back and managed to escape, but the suspect remains unidentified.
Detectives are describing the man as a H male with long black curly hair. He was last seen driving a red Dodge pick-up. It has white spray paint on the side and a light-up skull hitch. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 800-780-TIPS.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme