|Published:||May 06, 2010 10:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2010 10:46 AM EDT|
Estero, Fla.-A Southwest Florida soldier gets a special welcome home.
Lance Corporal Connel Parsons arrived at Southwest Florida International Airport with family and the Warriors Watch Riders, waiting.
The group is made up of Vietnam and Cold War vets who want to make sure today's members of the armed forces get the homecoming welcomes they never received.
"That's awesome that someone would want to be here, the whole surprise thing. I had no idea anyone was going to be here," said Lance Corporal Connel Parsons.
Lance Corporal Parsons is home on a 30 day leave after spending the last 7 months with the marines in Afghanistan.
The South Fort Myers grad will then return to his base in California for his next assignment.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples