|Published:||May 06, 2010 10:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 06, 2010 10:46 AM EDT|
Estero, Fla.-A Southwest Florida soldier gets a special welcome home.
Lance Corporal Connel Parsons arrived at Southwest Florida International Airport with family and the Warriors Watch Riders, waiting.
The group is made up of Vietnam and Cold War vets who want to make sure today's members of the armed forces get the homecoming welcomes they never received.
"That's awesome that someone would want to be here, the whole surprise thing. I had no idea anyone was going to be here," said Lance Corporal Connel Parsons.
Lance Corporal Parsons is home on a 30 day leave after spending the last 7 months with the marines in Afghanistan.
The South Fort Myers grad will then return to his base in California for his next assignment.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- How hurricanes get their names
- SWFL residents reach out to family in tornado-stricken Moore
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- The Salvation Army is answering the call for help
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings