|Published:||May 05, 2010 4:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 05, 2010 4:37 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The state meteorologist says Florida should be safe from the oil gushing into the Gulf of Mexico for awhile.
Amy Godsey said Wednesday the weather was favorable for the next three days and the spill probably won't move much. That is, she said, "unless something drastically changes" from the fair weather and light winds currently forecast.
The worst possibility Godsey foresees right now is a westerly current that could drive the spill into Louisiana marshes.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges