|Published:||May 04, 2010 11:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 04, 2010 11:30 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Seven Cape Coral police officers have been cleared in a December 20 shooting, which has been ruled "justified" by the state attorney's office.
The shoot-out occurred at the Steak 'n Shake restaruant on Pine Island Road, as police were attempting to apprehend four suspects from a home invasion and robbery incident.
During the incident, Lehigh Acres resident Tyson Richardson, age 21, was killed and two others were injured.
The officers will now return to their normal duties.
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes