|Published:||May 03, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 03, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
ROYAL PALM BEACH, Fla. - A South Florida toddler drowned after wandering away from his sleeping mother. The incident occurred on Sunday, May 2, 2010.
Authorities say the 2-year-old boy woke up from a nap he was taking with his mother and wandered onto the home's rear screened porch.
There he had access to the pool because of a missing screen panel.
Relatives found his body at the bottom of the pool. He was pronounced dead at a hospital Sunday evening. No other information was immediately available.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school