|Published:||May 03, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 03, 2010 5:42 PM EDT|
ROYAL PALM BEACH, Fla. - A South Florida toddler drowned after wandering away from his sleeping mother. The incident occurred on Sunday, May 2, 2010.
Authorities say the 2-year-old boy woke up from a nap he was taking with his mother and wandered onto the home's rear screened porch.
There he had access to the pool because of a missing screen panel.
Relatives found his body at the bottom of the pool. He was pronounced dead at a hospital Sunday evening. No other information was immediately available.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger
- Crash blocks Golden Gate Blvd. at 22nd St. SE
- Woman talks to WINK News about faking sons' deaths
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Cape Coral churches could pay full price for UEP
- Naples Police search for suspect in 'stranger danger' case
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys