|Published:||May 02, 2010 10:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 02, 2010 10:39 PM EDT|
UPDATE: Authorities have announced that Kenneth C. Fordham was successfully located at approximately 7:15 p.m. Sunday evening. He is said to be safe and unharmed.
In addition, "The family would like to extend a 'thank you' to all who assisted."
NAPLES, Fla.- Naples Police have issued a Silver Alert for 86-year-old Kenneth C. Fordham.
Fordham was last seen leaving his home in the 4700 block of Villa Mare Lane for a walk at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
He was going for his daily walk, which usually lasts 20-30 minutes.
Naples Police and the Collier County Sheriff's Office have been searching along the beaches and residential areas surrounding his home since receiving the report shortly after 2:00 p.m.
Kenneth C. Fordham is described as a white male, balding with some gray hair and 6' tall, but slightly hunched over at the shoulders,
He is reported to have a history of dementia and it is unknown how well he can communicate at times.
Kenneth is wearing a bracelet with his name, address and telephone number on it. Other than the bracelet, he has no wallet, cash, credit cards or cellular phone with him.
He is wearing a tan hat, a green/yellow/blue shirt with leaves on it and shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Naples Police Department at (239) 213-4844.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest