|Published:||May 01, 2010 9:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 01, 2010 9:00 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Brand new information in a bad crash that shut down a busy Cape Coral roadway.
WINK News is learning the names of the four people who were hospitalized after their pick-up truck lost control and rolled over. Two passengers were thrown from the truck.
It happened on Veterans Parkway, between Santa Barbara and Skyline Bouelvard on the afternoon of Saturday, May 1.
After talking to investigators, police determined that a trailer, pulled by the truck, started to fish tail. That caused the truck to lose control and separate from the trailer.
Eventually, the truck ran in to the median and rolled over, coming to a rest on the other side of Veterans Parkway.
The driver of the truck, 24-year-old Vincent Ehrhardt, suffered minor injuries. A passenger in the front seat, 38-year-old Edward Ehrhardt also had minor injuries.
Two people sitting in a rear seat, 52-year-old Mark Smith and 22-year-old Raymond King were ejected. Both were taken to the hospital with serious and life threatening injuries.
Veterans Parkway was shut down for about six-hours as police investigated and cleared the scene.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent