|Published:||May 01, 2010 9:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 01, 2010 9:00 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Brand new information in a bad crash that shut down a busy Cape Coral roadway.
WINK News is learning the names of the four people who were hospitalized after their pick-up truck lost control and rolled over. Two passengers were thrown from the truck.
It happened on Veterans Parkway, between Santa Barbara and Skyline Bouelvard on the afternoon of Saturday, May 1.
After talking to investigators, police determined that a trailer, pulled by the truck, started to fish tail. That caused the truck to lose control and separate from the trailer.
Eventually, the truck ran in to the median and rolled over, coming to a rest on the other side of Veterans Parkway.
The driver of the truck, 24-year-old Vincent Ehrhardt, suffered minor injuries. A passenger in the front seat, 38-year-old Edward Ehrhardt also had minor injuries.
Two people sitting in a rear seat, 52-year-old Mark Smith and 22-year-old Raymond King were ejected. Both were taken to the hospital with serious and life threatening injuries.
Veterans Parkway was shut down for about six-hours as police investigated and cleared the scene.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed