|Published:||May 01, 2010 9:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 01, 2010 9:00 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Brand new information in a bad crash that shut down a busy Cape Coral roadway.
WINK News is learning the names of the four people who were hospitalized after their pick-up truck lost control and rolled over. Two passengers were thrown from the truck.
It happened on Veterans Parkway, between Santa Barbara and Skyline Bouelvard on the afternoon of Saturday, May 1.
After talking to investigators, police determined that a trailer, pulled by the truck, started to fish tail. That caused the truck to lose control and separate from the trailer.
Eventually, the truck ran in to the median and rolled over, coming to a rest on the other side of Veterans Parkway.
The driver of the truck, 24-year-old Vincent Ehrhardt, suffered minor injuries. A passenger in the front seat, 38-year-old Edward Ehrhardt also had minor injuries.
Two people sitting in a rear seat, 52-year-old Mark Smith and 22-year-old Raymond King were ejected. Both were taken to the hospital with serious and life threatening injuries.
Veterans Parkway was shut down for about six-hours as police investigated and cleared the scene.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Memorial Day weekend travel expected to mirror last year
- Dr. Burke giving last speech before retirement