|Published:||May 01, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 01, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- John Kanzius' legend and work lives on in a national Pepsi contest.
The company's "refresh everything" project is funding great ideas.
WINK News has learned that the Kansius Cancer Research Foundation was the top recipients of votes for the month of April.
Before his death last year, John Kanzius worked from his Sanibel Island home to treat cancer through powerful radio waves, a method less destructive than chemo.
His winning idea has earned the foundation a $250,000 grant to continue his work.
Pepsi needs to verify all winning grant ideas. They plan to make an official announcement on May 22, 2010.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim