|Published:||May 01, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 01, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- John Kanzius' legend and work lives on in a national Pepsi contest.
The company's "refresh everything" project is funding great ideas.
WINK News has learned that the Kansius Cancer Research Foundation was the top recipients of votes for the month of April.
Before his death last year, John Kanzius worked from his Sanibel Island home to treat cancer through powerful radio waves, a method less destructive than chemo.
His winning idea has earned the foundation a $250,000 grant to continue his work.
Pepsi needs to verify all winning grant ideas. They plan to make an official announcement on May 22, 2010.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend