|Published:||Apr 30, 2010 11:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2010 11:58 AM EDT|
WINK News Now This Morning is kicking off a new segment to save you money.
It's called "Common Cents".
We'll have a tip a day at 6 am in May to save you cash.
Our first tip is from thesimpledollar.com.
It's called the ten second rule.
Not the one about dropping food on the floor.
Instead whenever you pick up an item at the store stop for ten seconds and ask yourself why you're buying it and whether you actually need it or not.
If you can't find a good answer, but the item back.
If you do need it, put it in your cart.
This simple rule can help you avoid those impulse buys, especially at the checkout counter.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens