|Published:||Apr 30, 2010 11:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 30, 2010 11:58 AM EDT|
WINK News Now This Morning is kicking off a new segment to save you money.
It's called "Common Cents".
We'll have a tip a day at 6 am in May to save you cash.
Our first tip is from thesimpledollar.com.
It's called the ten second rule.
Not the one about dropping food on the floor.
Instead whenever you pick up an item at the store stop for ten seconds and ask yourself why you're buying it and whether you actually need it or not.
If you can't find a good answer, but the item back.
If you do need it, put it in your cart.
This simple rule can help you avoid those impulse buys, especially at the checkout counter.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent