ORLANDO, Fla. - Jurors eventually chosen to decide the fate of Florida mother Casey Anthony, who's charged with killing her toddler, could be sequestered and endure a four-to-six week trial.
Circuit Judge Belvin Perry in Orlando offered some details Friday on what jurors can expect during the first pretrial hearing since he took over the murder case. Another judge removed himself from the case earlier this month at the request of Anthony's defense attorneys.
Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and has said a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter, Caylee. The 2-year-old girl disappeared in June 2008, and her remains were discovered six months later.
Secondary Casey Anthony Attorney Leaves Case
In related news, it has been announced that one of Casey Anthony's attorneys has removed himself from her case after getting in trouble with the California Bar.
Todd Mancuso said in a motion this week he was on "involuntary inactive status." Mancuso told the defense team for the mother accused of killing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony in February he had entered an alternative discipline program.
Mancuso was accused of mishandling several trust accounts, misappropriating $145,000 of client funds and misusing $61,000. He blamed staff members for the mistakes, saying he was troubled and distracted at the time by his brother's death.
Anthony is still being represented by Kissimmee-based attorney Jose Baez, prominent Orlando lawyer Cheney Mason and two other out-of-state attorneys. The trial is scheduled to start in May 2011.