|Published:||Apr 29, 2010 6:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2010 6:18 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. - A SeaWorld Orlando trainer was lying on her stomach on a cement slab, nose-to-nose with a killer whale, when her long hair floated on the water into the orca's mouth and she was then dragged to her death.
These latest details into the February death of 40-year-old trainer Dawn Brancheau were released Wednesday in a final death report issued by the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
Another SeaWorld trainer told detectives that he sounded an alarm when he noticed Brancheau struggling to free her hair from the killer whale's mouth. When he turned back toward Brancheau, she had disappeared underwater.
It marked the third time the animal, named Tilikum, had been involved in a human death.
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation
- Friends remember Hohensee as kind and helpful, not violent
- Man answers the door & gets beat with a tire iron
- Investigation in to the Hohensee marriage
- Naples man honored for using epilepsy to inspire others
- Fla. using federal grant money to settle lawsuit