|Published:||Apr 29, 2010 10:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2010 10:54 PM EDT|
PINE ISLAND, Fla. - Authorities have released the identity of the victim in a deadly Wednesday night stabbing on Pine Island. Police are also seeking the public's help in identifying the suspect (pictured.)
The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Adam D. McClenithan. McClenithan was a resident of Meadowlark Lane in Bokeelia.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit is asking for the public's help in locating the suspect, identified as 30-year-old David T. Chavez (pictured.) Chavez is said to be a resident of Thomas Street in Bokeelia.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, this case unfolded on Wednesday April 28, 2010, around 8:30 p.m. when deputies were called to a Pine Island location to investigate reports of a stabbing
"The caller stated a man had come into her yard on Judith Road screaming that he had been stabbed," authorities explained.
The victim, now identified as McClenithan, was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital with a stab wound to his side. McClenithan later died.
LCSO deputies did perform an extensive search in an attempt to locate Chavez, but he had not been located as of 3:00 p.m. Thursday, April 29.
Anyone with any information on Chavez's whereabouts is asked to contact the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000.
Tipsters can remain anonymous by contacting Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). The individual who provides a tip that leads to the successful capture of a suspect may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters