|Published:||Apr 29, 2010 10:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2010 10:54 PM EDT|
PINE ISLAND, Fla. - Authorities have released the identity of the victim in a deadly Wednesday night stabbing on Pine Island. Police are also seeking the public's help in identifying the suspect (pictured.)
The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Adam D. McClenithan. McClenithan was a resident of Meadowlark Lane in Bokeelia.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit is asking for the public's help in locating the suspect, identified as 30-year-old David T. Chavez (pictured.) Chavez is said to be a resident of Thomas Street in Bokeelia.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, this case unfolded on Wednesday April 28, 2010, around 8:30 p.m. when deputies were called to a Pine Island location to investigate reports of a stabbing
"The caller stated a man had come into her yard on Judith Road screaming that he had been stabbed," authorities explained.
The victim, now identified as McClenithan, was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital with a stab wound to his side. McClenithan later died.
LCSO deputies did perform an extensive search in an attempt to locate Chavez, but he had not been located as of 3:00 p.m. Thursday, April 29.
Anyone with any information on Chavez's whereabouts is asked to contact the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000.
Tipsters can remain anonymous by contacting Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). The individual who provides a tip that leads to the successful capture of a suspect may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids