|Published:||Apr 29, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Florida Highway Patrol is investigating an accident involving a SUV that ended up a water-filled ditch off I-75.
The driver of the SUV was hospitalized following the crash, which occurred around 11:00 a.m. Thursday, April 29. The extent of the woman's injuries are unknown, but it is clear that the crash occurred while the driver was heading northbound on I-75 near exit 116.
Authorities say the woman lost control of her car, which went off the road and came to a rest in a ditch, where the vehicle was partially submerged in the water.
WINK News will bring you additional details as soon as they become available.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school