|Published:||Apr 29, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 29, 2010 5:46 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Florida Highway Patrol is investigating an accident involving a SUV that ended up a water-filled ditch off I-75.
The driver of the SUV was hospitalized following the crash, which occurred around 11:00 a.m. Thursday, April 29. The extent of the woman's injuries are unknown, but it is clear that the crash occurred while the driver was heading northbound on I-75 near exit 116.
Authorities say the woman lost control of her car, which went off the road and came to a rest in a ditch, where the vehicle was partially submerged in the water.
WINK News will bring you additional details as soon as they become available.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect