|Published:||Apr 28, 2010 10:53 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2010 10:53 AM EDT|
Charlotte County, Fla.-An amber alert circulating across Southwest Florida--is a hoax.
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office tells WINK News they've received several calls about a possible abduction in Port Charlotte.
The information was sent via text message to area residents and claimed a 3 year-old boy taken by a man driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Deputies want you to know the message is apparently a hoax--and there is no real report of a child abduction.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest