|Published:||Apr 28, 2010 10:53 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2010 10:53 AM EDT|
Charlotte County, Fla.-An amber alert circulating across Southwest Florida--is a hoax.
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office tells WINK News they've received several calls about a possible abduction in Port Charlotte.
The information was sent via text message to area residents and claimed a 3 year-old boy taken by a man driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Deputies want you to know the message is apparently a hoax--and there is no real report of a child abduction.
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Driver suffers medical emergency, crashes into Cape home
- Cape murder/attempted suicide suspect released from hospital
- Man reportedly tried to lure 11 y/o into his vehicle
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- Wildlife officials say pelican injuries are on the rise