|Published:||Apr 28, 2010 11:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2010 11:14 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, FL - A memorial of balloons and flowers marks the spot of the tragic accident that claimed the life of 13 year old Ryan Michael Santos.
Friends of the teen are still trying to come to grips with the loss.
Grief counselors arrived at Trafalgar Middle School on Wednesday to help Ryan's classmates deal with the loss.
Witnesses say the accident occured when Santos tried to cross busy Del Prado Boulevard, just south of Pine Island Road.
According to police, Santos was struck by a southbound car and thrown from his bicycle.
He was rushed to Lee Memorial Hospital, where he later died.
Investigators say at this point there are no charges pending against the driver.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court