|Published:||Apr 28, 2010 11:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2010 11:14 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, FL - A memorial of balloons and flowers marks the spot of the tragic accident that claimed the life of 13 year old Ryan Michael Santos.
Friends of the teen are still trying to come to grips with the loss.
Grief counselors arrived at Trafalgar Middle School on Wednesday to help Ryan's classmates deal with the loss.
Witnesses say the accident occured when Santos tried to cross busy Del Prado Boulevard, just south of Pine Island Road.
According to police, Santos was struck by a southbound car and thrown from his bicycle.
He was rushed to Lee Memorial Hospital, where he later died.
Investigators say at this point there are no charges pending against the driver.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down