|Published:||Apr 28, 2010 5:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2010 5:50 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Josie Lou Ratley, the 15-year-old girl who authorities say was brutally attacked by another teen at a Florida middle school has left the hospital.
Ratley moved to a rehabilitation facility Tuesday, about six weeks after the alleged beating at Deerfield Beach Middle School. Her feeding tube was also removed.
Wayne Treacy, 15, is accused of trying to kill Ratley at a school campus bus stop on March 17. He is charged as an adult with first-degree attempted murder. He has pleaded not guilty.
Ratley suffered brain damage in the assault. She still cannot walk, talk or use her right arm and fingers. Attorney Rick Freedman says she still has a long road ahead and that it will be years before the full outcome of her injuries are known.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family
- Senate committee approves immigration bill
- FBI involved in fatal shooting near Universal Orlando