|Published:||Apr 27, 2010 6:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2010 6:27 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The son of a woman whose decapitated body was found in her home in north Florida has been arrested in connection to the killing. Authorities say 43-year-old Jennifer Renee-Henry Ling was found in her home on Sunday and her decapitated head in a bag a few blocks away.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jumar D. Henry tried to escape during his police interview on Sunday. He remains in jail without bond and faces charges including murder and battery on a law enforcement officer.
Authorities say witnesses told them he walked to the back of the property where her head was found, carrying a bag and then returned without it. They say his father saw him with injuries to his head. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court