|Published:||Apr 27, 2010 6:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2010 6:27 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The son of a woman whose decapitated body was found in her home in north Florida has been arrested in connection to the killing. Authorities say 43-year-old Jennifer Renee-Henry Ling was found in her home on Sunday and her decapitated head in a bag a few blocks away.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jumar D. Henry tried to escape during his police interview on Sunday. He remains in jail without bond and faces charges including murder and battery on a law enforcement officer.
Authorities say witnesses told them he walked to the back of the property where her head was found, carrying a bag and then returned without it. They say his father saw him with injuries to his head. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs