|Published:||Apr 27, 2010 11:14 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2010 11:14 AM EDT|
Florida Republican Marco Rubio will officially file to run for senate.
He'll fill out the official paperwork in Miami on Tuesday at 2 p.m.
Florida republicans have already chosen Rubio as the front-runner in the race for U.S. Senate.
With that senate filing deadline looming Friday, Governor Crist hints he'll make up his mind in the next several days whether he'll run as a republican, or an independent.
Crist is trailing behind rubio in the primary, and may have a better chance running as an independent.
Last week, the Florida GOP party issued a memo forbidding its members from supporting Crist if he decides to run as an independent.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating