|Published:||Apr 27, 2010 7:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2010 7:24 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Police temporarily closed Evans Avenue from Jeffcott to Dora, following a three-car rollover accident that occurred late Tuesday morning.
One person was taken to the hospital following the crash, which occurred on Evans Avenue at South Street just prior to 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, April 27.
Authorities believe a grey SUV was traveling east on South Street when the driver allegedly ran the stop sign. It's believed this led to a collision between the SUV and a pick-up truck and a box truck. The impact sent the SUV into a roll; it came to a stop resting on its side atop a nearby set of railroad tracks.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras