|Published:||Apr 27, 2010 7:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2010 7:35 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Coast Guard is searching for four boaters who haven't contacted anyone since the weekend. The 63-foot commercial fishing vessel is named Whitewater II.
The vessel was on a two-week long fishing trip to end next week at Wadmalaw Island, S.C. A Coast Guard C-130 surveillance aircraft from Air Station Clearwater is searching about 230 miles off Mayport for the missing boaters.
They last made contact with the vessel's shore station via satellite phone early Sunday.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys