JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Coast Guard is searching for four boaters who haven't contacted anyone since the weekend. The 63-foot commercial fishing vessel is named Whitewater II.
The vessel was on a two-week long fishing trip to end next week at Wadmalaw Island, S.C. A Coast Guard C-130 surveillance aircraft from Air Station Clearwater is searching about 230 miles off Mayport for the missing boaters.
They last made contact with the vessel's shore station via satellite phone early Sunday.
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th