|Published:||Apr 27, 2010 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2010 3:52 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. - A 6-year-old girl has died from head injuries suffered in a golf cart accident in central Florida. Bella Wiegert was riding in her family's electric cart on Saturday when it hit a bump.
Authorities say Bella's 17-year-old sister was driving the cart when Bella accidentally fell out of the vehicle and hit her head on the pavement.
Bella was taken to a hospital in Tampa and died on Monday. Family members donated Bella's heart, kidneys, liver and intestines in hopes of saving the lives of other children.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash