|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 7:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 7:59 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The son of a woman whose decapitated body was found in her home in north Florida has been arrested in connection to the killing. Authorities say 43-year-old Jennifer Renee-Henry Ling was found in her home on Sunday and her decapitated head in a bag a few blocks away.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jumar D. Henry (pictured) tried to escape during his police interview on Sunday. He remains in jail without bond and faces charges including murder and battery on a law enforcement officer.
Authorities say witnesses told them he walked to the back of the property where her head was found, carrying a bag and then returned without it. They say his father saw him with injuries to his head. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling