|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 7:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 7:59 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The son of a woman whose decapitated body was found in her home in north Florida has been arrested in connection to the killing. Authorities say 43-year-old Jennifer Renee-Henry Ling was found in her home on Sunday and her decapitated head in a bag a few blocks away.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jumar D. Henry (pictured) tried to escape during his police interview on Sunday. He remains in jail without bond and faces charges including murder and battery on a law enforcement officer.
Authorities say witnesses told them he walked to the back of the property where her head was found, carrying a bag and then returned without it. They say his father saw him with injuries to his head. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors