|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 7:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 7:59 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The son of a woman whose decapitated body was found in her home in north Florida has been arrested in connection to the killing. Authorities say 43-year-old Jennifer Renee-Henry Ling was found in her home on Sunday and her decapitated head in a bag a few blocks away.
Authorities say 21-year-old Jumar D. Henry (pictured) tried to escape during his police interview on Sunday. He remains in jail without bond and faces charges including murder and battery on a law enforcement officer.
Authorities say witnesses told them he walked to the back of the property where her head was found, carrying a bag and then returned without it. They say his father saw him with injuries to his head. It wasn't immediately known if he had an attorney.
- I-75 south lanes closed near Sarasota after crash
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- Lehigh double murder suspect who fled will return to SWFL
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Police: Driver hits biker, drives with him on car
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Naples Botanical Garden Night Lights kicks off tonight
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down
- Service planned to remember missing Fla. mom, kids
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas