|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 8:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 8:26 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. - A pedestrian wearing headphones sustained life-threatening injuries in central Florida when he was struck by an Amtrak train.
The man was taken to a hospital on Monday afternoon. Police say they think he didn't see or hear the train. He suffered massive internal injuries.
The crash occurred when the man stepped between two freight-train cars that were stopped on an adjacent track and into the path of the train. Officials are investigating.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull