|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 8:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 8:26 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. - A pedestrian wearing headphones sustained life-threatening injuries in central Florida when he was struck by an Amtrak train.
The man was taken to a hospital on Monday afternoon. Police say they think he didn't see or hear the train. He suffered massive internal injuries.
The crash occurred when the man stepped between two freight-train cars that were stopped on an adjacent track and into the path of the train. Officials are investigating.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted