|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 10:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 10:33 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - An attorney based out of the Punta Gorda Public Defender's office was arrested around 1:00 o'clock in the morning Sunday, April 25. The suspect has been identified as 25-year-old Benjamin Wayne Abdulnour, a Florida public defender.
An officer reportedly observed Abdulnour driving a Nissan that was heading northbound on Cleveland Avenue. According to police reports, authorities noticed the vehicle because it was driving without its headlights; the suspect's vehicle was also seen weaving in and out of its lane.
Police say the driver, identified as Abdulnour, was exhibiting signs of intoxication like slurred speech and an odor of alcohol. Authorities arrested the public defender as a result of their investigation.
Abdulnour was booked on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol. He was booked and transported to Lee County Jail.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman