|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 10:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 10:33 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - An attorney based out of the Punta Gorda Public Defender's office was arrested around 1:00 o'clock in the morning Sunday, April 25. The suspect has been identified as 25-year-old Benjamin Wayne Abdulnour, a Florida public defender.
An officer reportedly observed Abdulnour driving a Nissan that was heading northbound on Cleveland Avenue. According to police reports, authorities noticed the vehicle because it was driving without its headlights; the suspect's vehicle was also seen weaving in and out of its lane.
Police say the driver, identified as Abdulnour, was exhibiting signs of intoxication like slurred speech and an odor of alcohol. Authorities arrested the public defender as a result of their investigation.
Abdulnour was booked on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol. He was booked and transported to Lee County Jail.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Oil rig up for consideration at Immokalee Airport
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings