|Published:||Apr 26, 2010 4:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2010 4:21 AM EDT|
BOCA GRANDE, Fla. - A group of people in Boca Grande are trying to raise money to build a village in Haiti and they almost have enough. They're short by about $40,000. The only thing left to finance is a community center.
Building has already started in Haiti, and the village is expected to be finished by the end of this year.
Some of that group in Boca Grande will head down there for the ribbon cutting.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire ruled suspicious
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida