|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 10:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 10:53 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - One person is dead and another was critically injured following a motorcycle-vs-car accident at Capri Boulevard and Collier Boulevard.
The deceased victim has been identified as 40-year-old Roxanne Miller. The driver of the motorcycle, identified as David Markovich, 47, was critically injured in the crash.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol investigation into the crash, it was around 10:00 a.m. Friday morning when the deadly crash occurred. Markovich was driving a 1997 Suzuki motorcycle and Miller was riding as a passenger as they traveled southbound on Collier Boulevard.
The crash occurred when a 2002 Toyota Camry, driven by Janet Kjome, age 79, turned out in front of the motorcycle. Miller and Markovich were thrown off the motorcycle as a result of the impact; neither was wearing a helmet, according to authorities.
The crash resulted in a temporary road closure as authorities conducted an investigation into the crash. Traffic heading toward Marco Island was re-routed around the scene.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash