COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - One person is dead and another was critically injured following a motorcycle-vs-car accident at Capri Boulevard and Collier Boulevard.
The deceased victim has been identified as 40-year-old Roxanne Miller. The driver of the motorcycle, identified as David Markovich, 47, was critically injured in the crash.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol investigation into the crash, it was around 10:00 a.m. Friday morning when the deadly crash occurred. Markovich was driving a 1997 Suzuki motorcycle and Miller was riding as a passenger as they traveled southbound on Collier Boulevard.
The crash occurred when a 2002 Toyota Camry, driven by Janet Kjome, age 79, turned out in front of the motorcycle. Miller and Markovich were thrown off the motorcycle as a result of the impact; neither was wearing a helmet, according to authorities.
The crash resulted in a temporary road closure as authorities conducted an investigation into the crash. Traffic heading toward Marco Island was re-routed around the scene.
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Fla. gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget