|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM EDT|
NORTH PORT, Fla. - Police say they've discovered a methemphetamine lab inside a North Port home.
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office has arrested 31-year-old Aires A. Lopes, of 4383 Wooley Avenue in North Port. Lopes has been charged for operating a meth lab in his home.
Authorities from the Sheriff's office and the North Port Police Department were initially dispatched to the home in relation to civil matter. While at the residence, authorities realized that Lopes had outstanding warrants for his arrest.
The suspect was subsequently detained. In the course of their investigation, police discovered evidence that suggests the home was being utilized to manufacture methamphetamine.
The Sarasota County Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials Team was dispatched to the home to remove the potentially-dangerous chemicals.
Lopes has been charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference