|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM EDT|
NORTH PORT, Fla. - Police say they've discovered a methemphetamine lab inside a North Port home.
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office has arrested 31-year-old Aires A. Lopes, of 4383 Wooley Avenue in North Port. Lopes has been charged for operating a meth lab in his home.
Authorities from the Sheriff's office and the North Port Police Department were initially dispatched to the home in relation to civil matter. While at the residence, authorities realized that Lopes had outstanding warrants for his arrest.
The suspect was subsequently detained. In the course of their investigation, police discovered evidence that suggests the home was being utilized to manufacture methamphetamine.
The Sarasota County Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials Team was dispatched to the home to remove the potentially-dangerous chemicals.
Lopes has been charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption