|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM EDT|
NORTH PORT, Fla. - Police say they've discovered a methemphetamine lab inside a North Port home.
The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office has arrested 31-year-old Aires A. Lopes, of 4383 Wooley Avenue in North Port. Lopes has been charged for operating a meth lab in his home.
Authorities from the Sheriff's office and the North Port Police Department were initially dispatched to the home in relation to civil matter. While at the residence, authorities realized that Lopes had outstanding warrants for his arrest.
The suspect was subsequently detained. In the course of their investigation, police discovered evidence that suggests the home was being utilized to manufacture methamphetamine.
The Sarasota County Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials Team was dispatched to the home to remove the potentially-dangerous chemicals.
Lopes has been charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community