|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 5:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 5:31 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - Authorities from Florida Fish and Wildlife have rescued an injured manatee, who was discovered in a North Fort Myers canal Thursday, April 22, 2010.
In a "textbook rescue," the manatee was removed from the canal, placed inside a truck and he's now en route to Tampa for evaluation. The exact nature of the manatee's injuries are unknown, though it's suspected that he may have sustained a punctured lung.
WINK News captured video of the manatee in the water off Harbor Terrace and Inlet Drive.
Related: VIDEO - Watch the Manatee Rescue
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk