|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 4:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 4:57 AM EDT|
NORTH NAPLES - IROX is opening the I-75 Interchange at Immokalee Road eight months ahead of schedule.
The project started two years ago to expand Immokalee Road to six lanes. Drivers say the construction caused a lot of traffic headaches.
Nearby business owners tell Wink News the congestion cost them customers and are glad the construction is ending.
"It's clearing up," says Paul Landy, owner of L'Appetito Pizza & Deli. "Customers are starting to come back. It was a mess. My business was down 60% at one time."
IROX says drivers may encounter some delays in the next few weeks as they put down a final layer of asphalt and paint lines on the road.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- The Salvation Army is answering the call for help
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family