|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 4:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 4:57 AM EDT|
NORTH NAPLES - IROX is opening the I-75 Interchange at Immokalee Road eight months ahead of schedule.
The project started two years ago to expand Immokalee Road to six lanes. Drivers say the construction caused a lot of traffic headaches.
Nearby business owners tell Wink News the congestion cost them customers and are glad the construction is ending.
"It's clearing up," says Paul Landy, owner of L'Appetito Pizza & Deli. "Customers are starting to come back. It was a mess. My business was down 60% at one time."
IROX says drivers may encounter some delays in the next few weeks as they put down a final layer of asphalt and paint lines on the road.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft