|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 2:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 2:41 PM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla.-The Fort Myers Police Department is teaming up with 7-11 this summer to "ticket" kids caught doing a good deed.
The "ticket" is a coupon for a free small slurpee. FMPD is one of 50 law enforcement agencies across the state participating in "Operation Chill". The goal is to reward child who are doing good in our community and foster a positive relationship between police and children.
Sometimes, the summer can leave children with free time to get into trouble. Police and 7-11 hope that "Operation Chill" is an incentive to kids to spend their time doing nice things for their friends and family.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption