|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 2:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 2:41 PM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla.-The Fort Myers Police Department is teaming up with 7-11 this summer to "ticket" kids caught doing a good deed.
The "ticket" is a coupon for a free small slurpee. FMPD is one of 50 law enforcement agencies across the state participating in "Operation Chill". The goal is to reward child who are doing good in our community and foster a positive relationship between police and children.
Sometimes, the summer can leave children with free time to get into trouble. Police and 7-11 hope that "Operation Chill" is an incentive to kids to spend their time doing nice things for their friends and family.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis