|Published:||Apr 23, 2010 2:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2010 2:41 PM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla.-The Fort Myers Police Department is teaming up with 7-11 this summer to "ticket" kids caught doing a good deed.
The "ticket" is a coupon for a free small slurpee. FMPD is one of 50 law enforcement agencies across the state participating in "Operation Chill". The goal is to reward child who are doing good in our community and foster a positive relationship between police and children.
Sometimes, the summer can leave children with free time to get into trouble. Police and 7-11 hope that "Operation Chill" is an incentive to kids to spend their time doing nice things for their friends and family.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Floridians pay the price for illegal Curbstoning
- Charlotte County does away with PE class
- NOAA predicts another busy hurricane season
- 12 sentenced in South Florida grow house operation