CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Palmetto-Pine Country Club -- Cape Coral's only private golf course -- will again host the annual Police Association of Cape Coral's "Cop Shop" Golf Tournament. The event, slated for Saturday, May 8, 2010, will raise funds that will be donated to the Lee Memorial Children's Cancer Fund.
Dick Klein, Cop Shop Golf Committee Chairman and a member of Palmetto-Pine Country Club, said this is the tournament's fourth year at the course. "If you would like to help children battling with cancer, while having a great day of golf, raffle prizes, lunch , and many contests, this is for you," said Klein. All men and women golfers are invited to play.
One reason the tournament has been so successful in the past, is that it gives non-members a chance to play Palmetto-Pine Country Club. The tournament starts at 8:30 a.m. and the entry fee is $75.00 per guest.
Even if you are not playing golf, you can help these children by being a hole sponsor, or donating a gift for the raffle.
For more information about the tournament, please contact Dick Klein at 541-0047.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond