|Published:||Apr 22, 2010 1:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 22, 2010 1:13 AM EDT|
An employee of the Ritz-Carlton in Naples is suing the company and its vice president for allegedly creating a hostile work environment.
Wadner Tranchant says a customer told the Ritz he didn't want to be waited on by a person of color or with foreign accents.
Tranchant says the Ritz complied... leaving him frightened, embarrased and in severe emotional distress.
Tranchant is of Haitian decent.
Tranchant is seeking more than $75,000 in damages.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record