|Published:||Apr 22, 2010 1:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 22, 2010 1:13 AM EDT|
An employee of the Ritz-Carlton in Naples is suing the company and its vice president for allegedly creating a hostile work environment.
Wadner Tranchant says a customer told the Ritz he didn't want to be waited on by a person of color or with foreign accents.
Tranchant says the Ritz complied... leaving him frightened, embarrased and in severe emotional distress.
Tranchant is of Haitian decent.
Tranchant is seeking more than $75,000 in damages.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City