|Published:||Apr 22, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 22, 2010 4:29 PM EDT|
CLEWISTON, Fla. - A Clewiston police officer is charged with aggravated child abuse. According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement , Officer John Herrera is accused of physically abusing a child.
Additional details into the specific nature of the charges have not been released. Herrera has been booked at the Hendry County Jail, where he's being held on $35,000 bond.
Meanwhile, a former Collier County deputy is slated to appear in court today, April 22, 2010, to answer to accusations of stalking his former girlfriend.
Brandon Roysden is accused to following his ex-girlfriend, lurking around her home and calling as many as 20 times a day.
Roysden was recently fired from the Collier County Sheriff's Department after authorities uncovered a plot to have his estranged wife tied up and kidnapped. It's believed that Roysden developed the plot just so he could perform a heroic "rescue."
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday