|Published:||Apr 22, 2010 12:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 22, 2010 12:57 AM EDT|
A huge donation today guarantees a full table this summer for many of the hungry in southwest florida...
Panera Bread made a $50,000 donation to the Harry Chapin Food Bank as part of it's "Dough-Nation" campaign. And because Harry Chapin is able to multiply that money through partnerships with food companies... it will bring 300-thousand dollars worth of food to people in need in Southwest Florida.
"It makes us feel great... givng back to the community is one of our # 1 causes and to and to do something like that is really exciting to help," said panera bread's Jay Disser.
That money also means Panera Bread will be the title sponsor for next year's WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk.
WINK News was honored today for helping to make that event a success... but we couldn't have done any of it...without the generous donations made by our viewers... so thank you.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples