|Published:||Apr 21, 2010 8:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2010 8:45 PM EDT|
New York City investigators are hunting for the people who ditched a toddler at St. Patrick's Cathedral, days after he was reported missing in Florida.
Three-year-old Nathaniel Fons was not harmed. He was in the custody of the Administration for Children's Services on Wednesday.
A security guard found him at the famed Manhattan cathedral around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. A note in his pocket gave his mother's name, and the name and number of a Florida detective.
Police were combing security video while trying to identify the man and the woman seen with the boy.
Nathaniel was reported missing Monday. His mother had been arrested on counterfeiting charges in Flagler County, about 25 miles north of Daytona Beach.
- Deputies arrest Pop Warner football coach on drug charges
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- New South Fla. threat: invasive rock pythons
- Puppy found with broken leg, owner arrested
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Burglary suspect caught on camera using stolen cards
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Teen, 15, found hanging in north Florida
- More cash real estate purchases in Fla.
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500