|Published:||Apr 20, 2010 1:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 20, 2010 1:09 AM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla - Travel agents are working extra hard to get stranded passengers on other flights to Europe.
At Geraci Travel the average wait time was several hours. Agents are trying to find connecting flights for planes traveling to Europe and it's no easy task.
At Southwest Florida International Airport passengers tried booking flights from online web sites. Many carriers have connecting flights in the U.S., but said airplanes will not be crossing the Atlantic Ocean anytime soon.
The halt to air traffic coming after a volcano in Iceland spewed ash as far away as Europe.
Air Berlin flight 7009 was scheduled to depart RSW to Dusseldorf Monday night, but it was canceled.
Airline agents are telling passenger they will not be booked on a direct flight until at least May 6Th.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis